22.6.11

misadventures with gingerbread








Well... I think its clear which elements of gingerbread house decoration were undertaken by me, and which were undertaken by amateurs, I mean, children. I also accept no responsibility for the significant structural issues the house has, which I believe originated in the assembly phase before I arrived to supervise works. Although working with a compromised structure and limited materials we persevered, only to have things take a Dali-esque turn for the worst when everything we stuck on slid off down the sides. Clearly, this house does not meet the standard necessary for accreditation under the National Gingerbread House Assembly and Decoration Scheme, although the associated elements (people, dogs, ghosts, dinosaurs) do merit some recognition for their amusement value.

1 comment:

mumsie said...

memories are made of this as the song says.....poor kids!