so this week i finally finished this quilt - that i started two and a half years ago. oops. i launched into it with enthusiasm at the time, but was put off when it came to the "sandwiching" and binding. had read about it in magazines but somehow it seemed really hard and i shelved the project, temporarily. the other day i decided i wanted it done by this winter and hatched a plan to cheat on the binding to make it be done quicker. my mum said "no no no, the binding is the easy part" so i was like "ok then, you have to help!"
one long afternoon later it was actually done, and it wasn't anywhere near as hard as i thought it would be. things were not helped though by my poor choice of fabric, and general laziness/insistence that it just be done, today, no matter what.
the final result is somewhat bumpy, lumpy and skew-if, but i'm not concerned about that. it does however weigh a tonne rendering it not as practical as i imagined....
oh well, things you learn.