6.2.11

grey & brown











This is the last from the interior of the new State Theatre Centre that I took last week. My comments that it did not appear to be constructed with quite the degree of finesse you would expect for $9.1m provoked some interesting discussion amongst people I know, the general consensus being that things are just not built to last these days - furniture, clothes, appliances, buildings. It seems to be the way of the world now. Short term impact and affordability, over considered execution and durability. This building definitely has impact. My brain was actually quite overloaded will all the awesome things to look at, but I think I just felt a bit disappointed by it because I had stood up for it when others dissed it. I wanted it to be totally perfect, and the fact I was a bit let down by its imperfections revealed more about me than it probably. Perfectionist? Err... maybe. Anyway, time will tell how well it was built, so we'll just have to wait and see!

H.

No comments: